INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
FABAD Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences accepts original research and review articles (English or Turkish) dealing with health and related sciences.
Pages of Manuscript
Manuscripts should be prepared by using a word processor compatible with Windows (MS Word etc), and including figures, tables and references, should not exceed 15 pages for research articles, 25 pages for review articles.
Organization of Manuscript
Manuscripts should be organized as follows: title, abstract (English/Turkish), 6 keywords (English/Turkish), introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion, and references for research articles; title, abstract (English/Turkish), 6 keywords (English/Turkish), introduction, body, conclusion and references for reviews. Each section must be separated with 2 line spaces. The section titles (Introduction, materials and methods, results, etc) must be written bold capital letters using 11 pt font size, justified to left, without numbering. Subtitles should be written bold and 11 pt. There should be single space between the section heading and text.
Title: The title of manuscript should be written aligned to left with 14 pt, bold, and each word in title should begin with uppercase.
Abstracts: Abstract title should begin two space lines after the affiliations and be written in 10pt bold. Abstract should be written italic in English and Turkish containing no more than 250 words, 10 pt, single space and justified.
Key words: Six English and Turkish key words separated by commas must be included in the manuscript just below the abstracts, written in italic and 10 pt. After the Turkish abstract, keywords should be given in Turkish language.
Introduction: It should contain a clear statement of the aim and novelty of the study.
Experimental: Material and methods should be presented in detail.
For animal experiments and clinical trials, authors must indicate the approvals of the relevant regulatory authorities or local ethical committees. The name of the institution and ethical approval number should be given.
For plant materials, herbarium address, number, and name and surname of the person who identified the plant materials should be given.
Results: The results must be clearly and concisely described with the help of appropriate illustrative material.
Disscussion: Discussion should deal with the interpretation of the results.
Conclusion: Significant findings should be summarized briefly in a paragraph.
Acknowledgement: If necessary, this section should be given at the end of the text, just before references.
References: References must take place immediately at the end of the text and should be given in alphabetical order by first letter of the first author’s surname.
References should be written according to American Psychological Association (APA) -6. For 6th edition of APA, http://web.calstatela.edu/library/guides/3apa.pdf link can be followed. Articles containing references that are not prepared according to APA will not be evaluated.
References should be given in the text as author’s name and year where necessary, and two or more references should be arranged in chronological order in parentheses.
According to the ethics rules, quotations should be given in quotation marks in the text and must be mentioned in the references with the source.
For review articles, at least one of the authors should cite at least one article of their owns, for other research articles, at least one article published in FABAD should be cited.
References should be written according to the following format.
Journals: – Family name/names of authors, First letter (capital) of given name/names., Family name/names of the last author, First letter (capital) of given name/names. (Year), Title of the study, Journal name, Volume, Issue, Page numbers.
Books: – Family name/names of authors, First letter (capital) of given name/names., Family name/names of the last author, First letter (capital) of given name/names. (Year), Book title, City (Country): Publisher.
Congress presentations: – Family name/names of authors, First letter (capital) of given name/names., Family name/names of the last author, First letter (capital) of given name/names. (Year), Title of the study, Congress or Congress Book name, Page numbers, Date, City, Country.
Internet sources: – Family name/names of authors, First letter (capital) of given name/names. Title of the study, Internet address, Accession date
Style of Manuscripts
- Manuscripts should be written as clearly and concisely as possible and typed on A4 size papers with a margin of 2 cm on all sides and justified. Font should be “Times New Roman” with 12 pt font size.
- Author(s)’ names (full names, surnames with capital letters, 12 pt, no title, centered) should written allowing 2 line space from the title of the article. Having more than one author, the names should be separated with commas. By using numbers as superscripts, the institution and their complete postal addresses of authors must be indicated as 10 pt in the next line.
- Corresponding author, indicated by an “°” symbol after superscript number indicating affiliation, should be written 10 pt and indicate his/her fax number, telephone number and e-mail address , if available, at the bottom left of the title page.
- Abbreviations that are unavoidable in the abstract must be defined at their first mention in the text and included in parenthesis, then used in the remaining text as an abbreviated forms.
- Only SI (Système International d’Unités) units should be used in manuscripts. If other units are necessarily used, SI equivalence should be given in parentheses.
- All tables and figures must be cited consecutively, numbered with Arabic numerals (1,2,3 etc), referred as “Table 1” and “Figure 1” in the text and their numbers must be given in parenthesis. Each Table and Figure (chemical formulas, graphics, photographs, chromatographs, spectra, etc) must have a descriptive title at the top of the table and at the bottom of the figure with one line space. Descriptive titles should be written bold with aligned to the left and 10 pt font size. Headings should not exceed the length of the tables and figures. Any footnotes to a table must be collected below and referred in the table by superscript letters (a,b,c, etc). Figures, tables and formulas should be prepared at the highest resolution possible in terms of printing quality. While submission of manuscript, they should also be attached in separate file.
- The symbols used in the text should be selected in accordance with international usage; each symbol should be defined where it is used.
- Equations and formulas created by computer software (using ChemDraw etc.) must be numbered consecutively and their numbers must be written right justified in parenthesis. They must be referred within the text by using their numbers in parenthesis.
Submissions of Manuscripts
- Authors are requested to submit the original manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address with 3 suggested referees including their e-mail addresses.
- Please include full contact information-corresponding author’s name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and full postal address.
- The manuscript (title, abstract, text, figures, tables, formulas, references) needs to be saved into a single file. In addition, tables, figures and formulas should be prepared digitally and attached as a separate file in “jpg” or “tif” format.
- Articles submitted to the journal must not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Revised and accepted manuscripts by referees cannot be withdrawn.
- If original manuscripts supported from any Institution as a research project, it should be written with the name of the funding source and project number in Acknowledgement.
Evaluation of Manuscripts
Submitted manuscripts are subjected to formal and scientific examination by the journal editor and associate editor(s). After preliminary examination, manuscripts proceed to be reviewed by at least two expert referees. The names of authors are kept confidential throughout the evaluation process. For accepted manuscripts, the order of publication is subjected to editorial decision. Communications relating to the evaluation process of the article will be made only with the corresponding author.
Proofs will be sent to the corresponding author for corrections. They should be carefully checked for typesetting’s errors and returned to the publisher within 7 days upon receipt. Following this period, the article will be published.
No royalty fees will be paid for published articles in this Journal.
*Authors should fill and send the “Copyright Release Form and Check List” that can be downloaded from www.fabad.org.tr
This journal is free of charge.